Quick Contact Form
Frequently Asked Questions
What must I do to apply for credentials with AFCM?
STEP 1: Fill out a registration application and mail it to the AFCM Canada office:
AFCM Canada, PO Box 3253, Langley, BC V3A 4R6
STEP 2: Give recommendation forms to a) your pastor, and b) your primary Personal reference for completion. These individuals are to mail the forms upon completion directly to the AFCM Canada office.
STEP 3: Your Regional Director may contact you to schedule an appointment for a personal interview so that your application can be reviewed.
STEP 4: After application is approved by your Regional Director, the information is sent back to the AFCM Canada office for review and a decision will be made as to your eligibility to receive credentials from AFCM Canada as well as the level of credential (whether license or ordination) you can receive.
STEP 5: You will be notified by mail of the decision.
Who is qualified to receive ministerial credentials?
- The minister is to be blameless (1 Timothy 3:2)
- The minister must be temperate (1 Timothy 3:2)
- The minister is to be sober (1 Timothy 3:2)
- The minister is to be of good behavior ( 1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be given to wine (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be a striker (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be greedy of money (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be a brawler (1Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is not to be covetous (1 Timothy 3:3)
- The minister is to be lover of good (1Timothy 1:8)
AFCM recognizes ministers from other fellowships, but transfer of a minister’s credentials will not be accepted unless the minister meets the requirements as set forth in the AFCM bylaws. In summary, AFCM uses the following criteria to test eligibility:
- One who has a divine call to a five-fold ministry.
- One who is in full time ministry.
- One who has demonstrated this call.
- The minister must have studied and shown himself approved in handling the Word of God accurately.
- Others have recognized the call on the minister’s life.
- The minister must maintain compliance with AFCM bylaws concerning doctrine and ethical standards.
- The minister must exhibit the proper fruit in character and ministry.
- The minister must devote significant time to preaching and teaching the Word of God from a recognized ministerial position requiring five-fold ministry.
- The minister should by virtue of his office, administer the ordinances of the church and conduct weddings and funerals.
- Except in church planting, a minister should derive most of his income from his ministerial duties.
The above mentioned requirements should not be construed as to minimize the importance of individuals who are involved in other forms of ministry, but AFCM recognizes the need for establishing minimum requirements for those who intend to receive ministerial credentials.